This trailer is bloody awesome! You could have asked me a few days before Comic-Con and I would have said I don’t care about the Justice League movie. Ask me now and I’ll tell you I’m completely on-board with it.
The biggest issue, by far, in Batman v Superman and, to a certain extent, in Man of Steel was that it was far too dark for the character of Superman. You can make a dark, gritty movie about Batman, who exists to do the dirty work in Gotham nobody else is willing to do. But Superman? Seriously? That guy flies around in a blue, red and yellow suit with a red cape.
So with three movies so far in the DCEU, and all three of which have recieved negative reviews (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad) DC finally seems to have learned it’s lesson. People watch movies to be entertained! It seems that Justice Leauge will be kind of like the Avengers, in the sense that it’s not too dark, but not too silly either. It’s a good mix.
From this point I will be talking about the trailer. If you haven’t seen it, scroll down to the bottom of this page. It should be embedded as a YouTube video.
You can clearly see there will either be a major flashback or flash-forward during this movie, since Batman’s beard changes halfway through the trailer. I think he’s going to be finding all of the members of the Justice League in 2016 and then it will fast-forward to 2017 (which is when the movie is coming out.)
3 Things I like about this trailer:
1) The Flash is… awesome! I previously doubted Ezra Miller’s Flash on my blog, but it seems he is really up to the challenge.
2) Aquaman is useless! The internet always has fun of how Aquaman is really useless and he just talks to fish. In this movie they have the balls to actually use that aspect of internet culture. The trailer has an ongoing gag of how Bruce Wayne thinks exactly what the internet does… until Aquaman strangles him, of course.
3) Their pulling a Luke Skywalker on us! It’s obvious that Superman will return for this film. Henry Cavil’s already on the cast. But I love the fact that they chose to keep him out of this trailer.
3 Things I don’t like about this trailer:
1) Cyborg is weird! I’m really not a fan of this Cyborg. I hope he changes during the movie. At 2:21 of the trailer, it looks like he has robotic boobs.
2) Aquaman has issues! At 0:35, you see Aquaman gulp down and entire bottle of something… you don’t get beer it that kind of bottles. He just gulped down an entire bottle of vodka or gin.
3) Wonder Woman loves us! Remember in Batman v Superman when she was kind of reluctant about the Justice League? Well, now she’s really determined about it! This is kind of a silly complaint since it’s probabbly explained in the movie, but I couldn’t think of another thing I disliked about this trailer. Besides, maybe she so enthuasiastic about the Justice League now because of Superman’s death.
Overall, this is a great trailer! I’m more excited about the movie now than ever before! 😀
Tomorrow’s post will be about the Doctor Strange trailer, so stay tuned for that! I hope you enjoyed this post. Don’t forget to like me on Facebook and subscribe to me on YouTube. But that’s it from me for now. See Thee Soon!